The BSO was founded in 1981 as a result of the Music 81 Project of the Victorian Government, and was the successor of the Bendigo Concert Orchestra.
The orchestra occupies a key space in the musical life of the City of Greater Bendigo, with the Mayor of Bendigo as Patron.
The BSO is an amateur community Orchestra which rehearses weekly during school term times, and performs at least 3 public concerts per year. Please contact us if you are interested in joining; we are currently welcoming new string players.
Musical Director: Rohan Phillips
25th March, Palm Sunday Concert, Guest Conductor Simon Harvey, Soloist Edward Walton.
Announcing the BSO’s 2018 Regional Winter Tour to Elmore, Heathcote and Bendigo.
- Heathcote: Sunday 24th June 2.30pm, Heathcote RSL Hall, 127 High St.
- Elmore: Sunday 29th July 2.30pm, Elmore Memorial Hall, 63 Hervey St.
- Bendigo: Sunday 5th August 2.30pm, St Paul’s Cathedral, Myers St.
This project is supported by:
- the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria,
- the Regional Centre for Culture Program,
- and the City of Greater Bendigo Community Grant Program 2017/2018
November Concert: Details to be announced
- City of Greater Bendigo Community Grants Program.
The Bendigo Symphony Orchestra Inc. is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.